View Single Post
Old 01-05-2022, 03:40 PM   #37
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
Okay I'm finally going to ask a question which has plagued my mind since the first Star Wars.

Are Sandpeople wearing some sort of mask, or is that their faces? I've always thought it was a mask to filter the sand and sun, but then they never seem to take it off. Kinda was hoping to finally see what a Sandperson looks like here.

Awesome episode. A favorite among this and The Mandalorian.

They're masked, we finally got a hard look at their culture in the Obi Wan Kenobi book which is in Canon.

The Tusken's aren't a species per say, they're desert nomads. You could almost say they're multispecies, as they will snatch people or find people wandering the desert and bring them into the tribe. They're wrapped head to toes in bandages because of moisture retention and cooling and they wear masks with filters. But they could be any species underneath.

The book covers the fairly gruesome binding ceremony. But its thought that most of the Tusken's are humans. Also while they've split off the sex in terms of the robes they're wearing. in the book, the leader of the tribe was wrapped like most other Tusken's that we see except the leader was female. For the most part the Tusken's that we usually saw before ROTS are more warriors.

Also I think we've only seen one Sand person unmasked and that was Darth Krayt who was originally a Tusken with his father before he became a Jedi. Then he returned after order 66 to become a leader.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: