View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 09:54 AM   #44
stampsx2
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Yeah I don't give one single fata about making them uncomfortable in this situation. I'm more concerned about making myself uncomfortable. Plus, dog people never think their dog is doing anything that bad and they think you getting upset about crap on "their property" is none of your concern. You have to worry about revenge from them. You've called them out for being a slob, they'll naturally want to call you out on anything you do to show that you're not so great either - and they'll do it whether it's warranted or not. Just no point in getting into it.

But yeah, with persistence, Bylaw - at least from my experience - will come out and will eventually clean up the #### and bill them.

And kind of on topic, if you have a neighbour that lets their dog bark outside (that's illegal - even one bark is illegal!) keep a log of date and times of barking. When you call bylaw, let them know you're concerned about the animal's welfare because they're left outside and seem to be in distress. Don't pose it as you're annoyed by the barking because if you get a dog-lover fur-baby-type call centre agent, you've already lost the battle. It needs to be positioned as you're a caring neighbour really worried about this poor neglected doggo and are hoping somebody can come check things out. Give them the dates and times of the barking (needs to be a 30-day log) and you'll see some corrective action.

Reference: Bylaws related to dogs
"As a dog owner, you must ensure your dog does not: Bark, howl or disturb anyone"
I’m fascinated by your expertise in this area. Thanks for the advice. Really.
stampsx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stampsx2 For This Useful Post: