View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 02:29 PM   #136
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
The Chinese Military has fully transitioned from a regional defense force/navy/airforce to one that can project power and carry out invasions, or pummel an enemy from a distace.

Their bigger hunger is around resources, energy independence and food independence. They've had their eyes on the ownership of disputed regions for a long time.

This is an aggressive Chinese government with an aggessive China Military that has been fighting a new version of way (Cyber) for years.

China has changed a lot since Xi took over and started collecting titles within the government. He is building a bit of a personality cult among his supporters. Although things which promote personality cults are officially banned by the constitution, it seems to be happening probably more than any past leader since Mao.

I don't buy that they just want to be left alone, they see themselves as the inner dragon of the Far East.
I can't find it now, but I watched a mini-documentary a while back that talked about how the "Century of Humiliation" is taught in China, and how it affects how they see their place in the world now that they have power.

I can't claim to have any personal knowledge, but the message they were trying to make was that young people in China are excited about a new era where they finally get the respect they deserve. Like the pendulum has swung in their favour and they are not going to let the opportunity slip away.