View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 02:56 PM   #50
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
So this was fun and I enjoyed it, but it felt like it was missing a final act, didn't it? I know that's somewhat ironic given how the show ended, but there was a bunch of unresolved stuff.

The main one is obvious... how has Hearst been defeated? There's still no evidence to convict him, because his men killed the only witness. So what changed? It was just weird, he shows up to the party with the two other lawmen to arrest Trixie, Bullock says "nope, I'm a arrest you instead", and the two lawmen basically shrug their shoulders and let him, and that's the resolution to the film's conflict? Pretty unsatisfying.

Another obvious issue is that they left the whole Alma / Bullock / Martha drama kind of hanging in the air as Martha sees them batting their eyes at each other and then leaves the party and is then seen ushering their children off while Hearst is being beaten by the mob. So... what about that? No resolution to that thread either?

There were a few other things like that. It'd be nice if they actually tied the movie up like... a movie. The only thing I have to compare this to in terms of a film coming long after the cancellation of a TV show is Serenity, and I felt like everything else aside, it did a much better job of tying the bow on the series.

Still very glad they made it and that we got to see it, though.
They tried to shoehorn everything into 110 minutes. They ran out of road to really tie up the stories, and I agree with all your points. Still, I'm thankful we got anything in an attempt to create some resolution. I was nerding out so hard on the first watch that nothing really mattered.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote