View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 10:47 PM   #52
icecube
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
Ok, so you’re a supporter of LGBT rights but haven’t made a single comment against the BHI calling people the F word while you continue railing constantly against a bunch of kids who are slightly bigger ####heads than the average teen. I’m just curious why. I’m probably with you on 99% of your political views but your posts are tiresome in their obstinance.

For those who are complaining that we are discussing this situation maybe this should get its own thread, but I think it’s worthy of debate because it shows how different narratives colour the facts. I don’t think anybody involved in that event should escape criticism but it’s interesting to see who is the object of focus depending on the person posting.
I'm more focused on the racism because I've seen a giant leap forward in consciousness in the past ten years or so as far as cultural LGBTQ acceptance is concerned and we are only very recently seeing a stirring up of the same thing in regards to race relations issues. Events like these are waking us up and it's not being swept under the rug anymore.

Also I think it's pretty clear that some (*cough*MelBridgeman *cough*) are using the Black Israelites as an excuse for the boys behaviour or they are using them as a whataboutism to detract focus and steer the conversation away from the racism happening in the video. The Black Israelites are not the biggest part of the story as it's being discussed anywhere, not just on CP. Would you argue that the Black Israelites are the main story and the mainstream media goofed this one up? Probably not. They are crazy people and they are a footnote.

As a society we have only very recently began to talk about race relations issues openly on such a massive level. And as polarized as it seems right now, I honestly do think strides are being made and reasonable decent people are starting to see how pervasive and deep the roots of racism run.