View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 01:39 PM   #689
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
That was a fun game!

Tried to focus on the question marks. Here's my takes, in between beers and keeping my little guy somewhat under control

Brouwer and Hamilton win the interact with kids during warm-up award. HM to Andersen and Stajan

Jankowki is making this team. No doubt about it.

Andersen makes a legitimate push for a NHL spot. Never once looked out of place.

Klimchuk looked good. I think we see in a Flames uni this year. Probably not right out of camp, but he's ready.

Glass.... I want to like him, he impressed me against the Canucks and again tonight, but I don't think he adds anything we didn't already have.

Shinkaruk, sadly, didn't do much. Still beneath guys like Freddie Hamilton on the depth chart

Brouwer looked pretty good. Played like the Brouwer I thought we were getting. More of that please

I'll add some more thoughts when I get home
Adding on now that I can type it on a keyboard.

Ferland: It took a while for me to warm up to having him in a top 6 role but I have to say, he did not look out of place one bit. . He's so much more than just a bit of muscle with an above average shot, he's a decent playmaker too. The guy can help cycle the puck and is great at using his size to keep guys off of it. 45+ points wouldn't surprise me this year

Bennett: Who the hell is this guy and what did he do with Sam? Seriously, he's looks way bigger this year and that might have been the best game I've seen him play.

Hamonic: Comes as advertised. Not flashy but almost always makes the right decision with and without the puck.

D Hamilton: Wasn't watching him too closely since I wanted to focus on new additions and prospects, but man, he just looks like he's having fun out there. #### eating grin on his face during puck battles cracks me up every time. What a treat to watch.

F Hamilton: Looked better than he did last year. Still won't be anything more than an extra forward but he's a great guy to have in that role.

Invisible and/or did not really impress: Stajan, Lazar, Hathaway, Shinkaruk (Like I mentioned before) All of these guys are below Freddie on the depth chart in my opinion

I'm still willing to give Lazar a chance but from what I've seen so far this pre-season, Klimchuk adds way more as a third line winger
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote