View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 10:18 AM   #34
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggs96 View Post
Horrific play by BC in 9. Wark decides on the draw and her front end does everything they can to put doubt in her mind and talk her out of it. They have to know their role in that situation and just shut up and put it on the pin. Then, the whole way down the ice Sandwith is doing a hard clean, even though it's heavy, Wark is saying it's heaving, Pilote is saying it's not curling (implying it's heavy and/or will travel further because it's not taking the break), and Rusnell keeps smacking her broom away. In that situation I like the hit. You flop in a bit and only give up one or you make it good and you get one. Either is hugely more beneficial than giving up 2. I don't mind the draw if you're confident in it. However, once you decide to draw, your team needs to support you, and not the faux affirmations they give 1 second before Wark shoots.

10 wasn't much better for BC. They had were in full control until Pilote and Wark missed a couple. For a game they were in full control of, BC sure found a way to lose that game. Very disappointing to watch, as 4-1 is much different than 3-2. They've been strong all year on tour and they are making mistakes I haven't seen this year.
That happened in the AB game in the extra end I mentioned above.
After AB missed the tick on a perfect center guard, Wark wanted to go around it but her front end talked her out of it. They threw another guard and it spun out of control after that.

Wark is the skip, why is she letting her team talk her out of things.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote