View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 02:55 PM   #152
calgaryfox
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
First of all, you are moving the goalposts - the person who referred to him as a warrior wasn't limiting it to this post season. Second, please source the fact he didn't tell training staff. Fact is, you aren't even telling the truth about it being after the season, because after the Flames were out of the hunt, but before the season ended, he did in fact get shut down.
Agree, I should have said when his season was shut down early...but in saying that, the Flames were only aware of two injuries at that time. The others were divulged later.

Qute: Source Sporting news
With the Flames' playoff hopes fading out of reach--Calgary currently trails Anaheim by eight points for the second wild card spot with seven games remaining--the team announced that Monahan's season will end prematurely.

Very little was disclosed about the top line center's injuries but one of the two will require surgery.

The goalposts haven't moved, it's the definition of warrior that's the issue. all professional sports and all NHL players get injuries, it's part and parcel of playing sports. Does that make them warriors? If you think so, well, whatever floats your boat. My interpretation is no, injuries are just an occupational hazard.

From my perspective, I have never seen anything warrior-like in any of 23's body of work.
calgaryfox is offline   Reply With Quote