View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 10:10 AM   #29
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Except particularly in Canada, individual content isn't possible.
We just recently made decision to go as legit as possible here in the US, and that requires subscribing to 5 streaming services, not counting sports. I'm still looking at trying to find better options for AMC, because $16/month for Philo is the cheapest streaming option where AMC is available. I'd be happy to pay half that per month for AMC only.

The other problem is in easily managing those services. I travel regularly, and momma gets very angry that she now needs to know which streaming service provides which content, and must load and navigate that app, etc.
So I manage the content. Use VPN to download all the shows (we are now legally subscribed to) and share that throughout the home on a networked hard drive through Kodi app on each TV, using Trakt to manage syncing of watched vs unwatched. So exactly like I did before, just now subscribed to the content but not consuming it legitimately, I suppose.
And nothing will never allow for me, a Canadian citizen living abroad, to subscribe to TSN.

I guess none of this belongs in this thread and I'll stop derailing now.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post: