View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 08:05 AM   #44
Husky
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
I'm pretty sure that the Flames will draft a goalie again this year, simply because they indicated after the Gillies pick that "you can never have enough goalies in your stable" ... that's what Tod Button said. And I'm fine with it, goalies are so difficult to project that one goalie pick per year makes sense - the more goalies you have, the bigger the possibility that one of them turns into something special.

I just hope that it's not a first round pick. After Krahn and Irving, I hope they have learnt their lesson. They have found a solid goalie prospect in Brossoit in the 6th round and Gillies looks very good early on, being a 3rd round pick. Why not continue this trend and use the goalie pick somewhere between the 3rd and 6th again? It won't get you Fucale or Comrie, but one or more of Tristan Jarry, Jackson Whistle, Spencer Martin and the two Waterloo goalies (Petersen and McAdam) should still be there in the 3rd/4th round.

I agree. Worst case is if you have too many goalies there seems to be a market for young solid goalies. Bishop and Lindback are latest examples of that.
Husky is offline   Reply With Quote