View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 12:15 AM   #1782
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Someone posted an AC style highlight video of 2017/18 Lindholm.

A few things about Lindholm:

1) Great in front of the net. Tipping pucks and getting to lose pucks. Great hands in-tight, and elevates well from in-tight.
2) Seems to have a decent amount of compete in him. Of course in a highlight package, we can't tell how often that compete level is there, but in this package he does seem to compete well.
3) Very good passing ability. That hard pass up to Williams shows a tonne of vision and ability.

4) Goes to the dirty areas. From this package, you can't tell how much he initiates contact, but he goes to the net well and seems unafraid to do so. His net-front presence seems to be noticed often by the announcers, so it is probably something he does regularly.
5) Lindholm's shot is vastly underrated. I wouldn't call it a muffin at all - though once again, this is his highlight package and maybe he is known to deliver muffins right into the breadbasket too often. His wrister seems hard and accurate. He gets it off quick, especially quick in corralling the puck and getting a good shot off.

Things about the Canes in general - regarding systems and how the team seems to work under Peters:
1) Defencemen seem way more involved in the plays.
2) Transition is LIGHT YEARS better than the Flames under Gulutzan.
3) Canes attack the net way more it seems than the Flames did.
4) Quicker passing than the Flames. From different lines. Lots of tic-tac-toe passing.

5) Look at the opposing goalies having to stretch-out to make saves!

Thanks for this find. I didn't notice Hanifin much in these plays, but it sure does shed some light on both Lindholm and how Peters gets his teams to play. Flames are much more talented than the Canes, so it will be interesting to see what Peters does, as well as having Ward tinker with the systems.

After watching this video, I can see how Lindholm could help Gaudreau and Monahan.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Calgary4LIfe For This Useful Post: