View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 12:30 PM   #2217
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fallon was the worst off the bat IMO. I havent watched him really since the 2nd or 3rd show. He obviously needs to be more prepared than the rest. I did laugh at the soap opera thing, but he's held up by two of the best ever cast members, so...

Meyers, most of his jokes just arent that funny. A lot of times they seem to do jokes that they know are bad, and that's part of the funny with Meyers staring dead-pan into the camera. But that really only works when there's an audience to groan to it and you can respond with improvised banter.

Colbert had the right idea out of the gate, just doing simple things from home, and he's just a funny person. I like that he seems to be keeping all the mistakes in rather than cutting around them, it makes it more funny I think. I think he's got the "dead silence" timing down too.

Kimmel is great, I think because he's always live, and has a history with radio, he really hasn't missed a beat. I think he's been the best adjusted.

Oliver also great, it's true he doesn't really need the laughter as much because a lot of time he's trying to talk through them anyways (Although his back and forth with their reactions is good).

Sam Bee has been excellent I think. They obviously had a bunch pf taped segments done before the crisis so that helps. But her setting is different, and just her topics are different with her point of view having a new twist on things vs the men. I hope as they lose pre-recorded stuff her husband, Jason Jones, gets more involved (currently operating the iPhone apparently). He's hilarious.

Last edited by Coach; 04-11-2020 at 12:33 PM.
Coach is offline   Reply With Quote