View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 09:24 AM   #16
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
Yeah, I guess I should clarify. If I'm a parent watching pewee or bantam kids and a ref blows an obvious icing, I groan and just say Oh Come On to the dad next to me. That level of jeering, but I suppose that was the wrong word. Actual yelling of any kind or booing the ref from the stands is unacceptable.

I agree about coaches though. You want them to teach the kids that all they can control is their own play and not the refs, therefore they should not groan or complain about refs. They should be examples to the kids.

Hopefully one day if there is a culture change and refs and coaches respected each other above all, coaches and refs could have mini conferences during intermissions/stoppages to discuss player safety if things start getting chippy, or if coaches request clarifications in a respectful manner about calls.
This culture change comes from the home as well, and not to pick on you, but even the complaining to the dad next to you about a blown icing isn't really needed.

I ave been on the bench and had a ref come to our bench in crying because of the abuse that the other bench put on him, and he was their "home" ref.

It is disgusting.

If we accept mistakes from our players/kids we should accept mistakes from the officials.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post: