View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 07:08 PM   #14
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zary's-Mustache View Post
I will just lay everything on the table. I have no idea how people are surviving out there. I am married with 2 kids and make approx 90k after taxes. Wife doesn't work.

My mortgage is pretty low at 150k. I can't seem to save any money at the end of each year. Feels like I'm working just to stay afloat. I do save some but it definitely isn't enough for any kind of retirement. I don't have any benefits or a pension plan.

Having said all that I know lots of people are even in worse situations making less and it always boggles my mind how people can even afford these big mortgages. I have a friend who makes as much as me but his mortage is 3 times mine. I really don't understand how he does it.

Inflation is insane. Grocery shopping is insane. Feels like everything is over priced. I counted 12 strawberries the other day for $7. My kids eat 12 strawberries a day.

This is more of a rant and don't really know the point other than how are people getting by out there?
Can your wife work? Single income families have it really tough... Even if she picks up like 3 days a week, 6 hours a day, at barely above minimum wage, that's an extra $1,500 a month to take the edge off.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to malcolmk14 For This Useful Post: