Thread: 2021 NFL Season
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2022, 04:40 PM   #3137
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude Where's Makar? View Post
The argument for MVP isn't "what position is the most valuable in football" it's what player, regardless of position, was the most valuable this year. Obviously very subjective.

I agree, typically, the QB is the most valuable position. But the award doesn't go to the player with the highest trade value (Silly example with Rodgers and Henry). What Kupp did for the Rams this season hasn't been seen in ages. Period. He "should" be a strong candidate for MVP, but isn't.
But we saw one game with the Packers without Rodgers, and Love didn't look like he could make most of the throws an NFL QB needs to make. Small sample size, sure, but the Packers absolutely are not a playoff team without Rodgers, let alone the SB favorites. I've already made an argument for Kupp for MVP so I'm fine with that, although my argument was "if you don't want to give it to Rodgers". But it's still pretty hard to argue he's more valuable than Rodgers or Brady.

But positional value is key isn't it? The Titans lost the best RB in the league for half the season and still got the #1 overall seed in the AFC. If the Chiefs, Bucs, Bills or Packers lost Mahomes, Brady, Allen, or Rodgers, for half the season they'd be in mock draft mode right now. Instead they are representing the top four betting favorites for the Super Bowl.