View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 04:57 PM   #1689
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Well, he for sure has his name on the commerce dept. school in the U of S (alma mater). He’s donated a fair bit in Calgary, I’d say about the norm for high rolling businessmen here.
I know, and CNRL has tons of scholarships and stuff, too. It's just a sad/gross argument, and his philanthropy certainly doesn't seem to standout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I don’t like the idea of giving the Flames public money for the arena, and I voted for Gondek.

But really…them not having a meeting or even trying to extend the Dec 31 deadline is unbelievable to me. You get notice on Dec 21 that the deal has fallen through, and consider a meeting to discuss it, and somehow decide against that? That’s just ridiculous. It’s a huge project for the city that’s been discussed for about a decade, and would be in use for the coming 2-3 decades. I can’t see any rational reason to not even meet and get things on track.
What action is going to work in those 10 days (that is any different than what happened this week)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goriders View Post
Speaks volumes that the other councillors made a point of making sure Gondek will be nowhere near any future negotiations.
Alternate headline: Council votes to generally keep things going with the same structure as they were before, while exploring possible alternatives in response to recent events.
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote