View Single Post
Old 11-16-2021, 08:57 AM   #288
OptimalTates
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny_McDonald View Post
That is new and I had never seen that before. Sorry, not a Good Morning America viewer. Thank you for the information. It does add something to discussion, and some new facts. Doesn't change anything seeing as that video was released in the middle of January 2021, and all of the charges against Blake were adjudicated in September of 2020. But it does provide some clarity and clear up some of the confusion around the events.
Lanny I appreciate that you may have missed my first post on the subject of Blake which I linked to the interview in post 198 but I also quoted what he said in post 249 and then in post 251 I linked you the DA report that presented all the factual evidence. I honestly thought you were arguing against Blake himself and I was taking crazy pills.

Now knowing that I'm not completely talking out of my ass, to address your position once again that six of the seven officers would not confirm the existence of a knife:

Quote:
You had ONE cop yell "knife" and six others refuse to confirm the existence of the knife. You talk about misinformation then keep jumping to that point of multiple officers making the claim, which they did NOT. If there was a second cop who would have backed up Shesky's claim, there would have been a weapons charge and a different outcome. Again, you can lean into this post adjudication interview all you want, but the facts of the case and what led to the adjudication are the facts that matter. The supposition did not amount to enough evidence that could be pursued.
There was not seven officers on scene. There were three at the time of the shooting. Sheskey who shot him, Meronek who arrived with him and Arenas who came in a separate vehicle. Their interviews that occurred on August 25, and August 26, (Blake being shot on the 23rd) are attached as Attachment 1, 2, and 3 in the DA report. All three officers confirmed they saw a knife before the shooting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statement by Meronek
As Meronek engaged the subject she observed the subject had a knife but could not recall in which hand. PO Meronek said that she yelled out to alert the other officers "KNIFE! KNIFE! HE HAS A KNIFE!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statement by Sheskey
PO Sheskey stated he drew his gun after he heard someone yell that BLAKE had a knife multiple times but up to that point he still had not seen the knife.
PO Sheskey stated as BLAKE turned left in front of the vehicle he saw a black knife in his left hand as the hand swung away from BLAKE's body
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statement by Arenas
At the time PO Arenas said that PO Meronek said "HE"S GOT A KNIFE". PO Arenas said that he then observed the knife in what he believed was the left hand of the subject near his groin area. PO Arenas described the knife as a black knife about six inches long in total with a razor blade shaped blade...
Officer Sheskey was actually the last to observe the knife, and that was almost certainly why he was the closest to the subject.

Quote:
And months after the adjudication, when the vast majority of people and media had moved on.
Yes. That's the problem. People make initial opinions off a grainy video and then when more facts come to light they don't care or actively refute the facts. I understand that very early on when the witnesses who spoke to media said they did not see a knife, only the officers yelling for him to drop one, but when the DA was saying Blake admitted to having possession of a knife two days after the shooting and video enhancement showed an object in hand, and the knife was found on the floorboard of his rented vehicle, everything began quacking like a duck. Until you get his slimy attorney saying he was unarmed.

Quote:
He's walking away from the officers and Shesky pursues then puts seven (7!) rounds into the back of Blake. That's as many rounds as there were officers on the scene. And that's where the outrage and criticism still comes from.
Well other than their being three officers on scene, I think the outrage comes from the idea they shot an innocent unarmed Black man who was breaking up a fight. Argument pretty much goes:

Innocent unarmed Black man shot and killed by officer

At this point, I would not be surprised to find out that Blake was Rachel Dolezal all along lol.

If you want to take the officers' statements as truth, they were certainly put in a precarious situation with very little time to act or think. All of which was one man's fault in my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statement of Meronek
PO Meronek said that the female was frantic and loud, pointed at the male subject and yelled "HE HAS MY KIDS." The female repeated that "MY KIDS ARE IN THE CAR."
Based upon the female's statements, where she referred to the children as HERS, and not OURS, Meronek believed the children in the car were the female's and not the male subject's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statement of Sheskey
PO Sheskey stated when BLAKE got to the left front corner of the vehicle BLAKE turned a hard left and started going towards the drivers side door and PO Sheskey started thinking to himself: "I don't know what he is going to do...Is he going to hurt the kid?...Is he going to the off in the vehicle? Will we have to purse the vehicle with a child inside of the car? Is he going to hold the child hostage? Are his actions going to put others at risk?" PO Sheskey stated that he was aware of at least one child being inside of the vehicle at this time and he did not know if it was BLAKE's child.
Quote:
Supporter?
I meant actual public supporters (not us anonymous internet users) who still believe that Blake was unarmed but can't be bothered to listen to his interview. That was a poor segue into my other complaint. I mean we had riots over this guy, and multiple deaths, I wonder how many actually watched his interview and realized he was not unarmed when he was shot.

Last edited by OptimalTates; 11-16-2021 at 10:05 AM.
OptimalTates is offline   Reply With Quote