View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 04:44 PM   #29
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really like Barrie and think he is really a guy that makes things happen from the back end. He just really needs a team to insulate him and time to actually learn HOW to play defence.

I think Barrie and Brodie are similar in their puck-movement, though I think Brodie is better. Brodie doesn't take huge risks like Barrie does - knows when to pinch, and is a better passer. Barrie has a better shot. In the defensive zone it is a HUGE step back. This team already is so 'scatter-brained' in their own zone at times, and adding someone like Barrie I feel would make it worse.

I like Barrie, and I wouldn't mind that the Flames acquire him - dependent on the price for sure - but not at the expense of Brodie now or next season. Maybe in a few seasons Barrie can be a better 2-way defencemen than what Brodie is now, but he is nowhere near Brodie IMO. I see Barrie as a great option to replace Hamonic with, and having him play on the third pairing. Great offensive tools and skating ability, but just so unreliable in his own end.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Calgary4LIfe For This Useful Post: