View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 02:26 PM   #262
Ark2
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
So you've ignored the 4 posts I made previous to that?
I've read every post in this thread. I'm not sure what point you think you have made that I should be addressing here. The affects of pregnancy on women has been brought up multiple times. My view is that the sacrifice a woman goes through while pregnant is great, but necessary because the right to life is the most important human right. I said as much myself earlier in this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark2 View Post
I am against the death penalty, so in cases such as this, I believe that the rapist should spend the rest of his life in prison. At the same time, I believe that an unborn baby is a human being that is entitled to rights and protections and that does not change regardless of how it was conceived. I do not say this lightly, as I understand that bearing a child, even under the most ideal and consensual circumstances, is an incredible sacrifice that a woman is making. In instances of rape, I can only imagine what it is like. Having said that, I do believe that the right to life is the most important right and cannot be invalidated because of rape.
So I am not sure why exactly you think you are bringing some sort of unique angle to this discussion.

Quote:
Most anti-abortion sentiment stems from concern for a fetus, and the mothers concern is discarded.
According to who?

Quote:
Is this a real question? Yes. Obviously.
Was it unconscionable during WWII, even if it would have meant the allies losing?
Ark2 is offline   Reply With Quote