View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 02:41 PM   #50
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by united View Post
Eric Duhatsek also refers to it in his article on The Athletic. I'm not sure I would draw any conclusions from it, though.

The (quiet) life and times of Dougie Hamilton
https://theathletic.com/112144/2017/...ugie-hamilton/

Now entering his third season in Calgary, Hamilton will freely acknowledge that he is an unrepentant homebody. He and his older brother Freddie live together and share tasks around the house. In the kitchen, Freddie will do the barbecuing, for example, while Dougie does the work of the sous chef. Freddie does the driving, to and from the rink. The two played together in junior for the OHL Niagara Ice Dogs, and their parents, Doug and Lynn, moved from Toronto to St. Catharines, Ont., effectively to be their billets.
“But it’s been unbelievable. Just being able to live with him is better. I lived on my own for two years playing in the NHL and it’s not always the easiest — so to have my brother here now has been awesome.”
Enjoying having your brother on the team and it being some sort of requirement are a little different though.

That said, I'm fine with Freddie being a press box player. He doesn't hurt you on the ice, really, and seems to be OK with the limited games. His stats are really similar to Hathaway's, but with way less penalties. I wouldn't want Jankowski in the press box. I'd send Glass before Hamilton - face punching and all.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote