View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 02:25 PM   #47
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
I doubt it was Loubo, who's a Freddie fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
To be fair, I've heard it mentioned on the Fan by a couple of the guys including Loubardias I believe.

I also listened to the latest Haynes podcast with Steinberg yesterday, and Steinberg said he believes that Freddie is here as a "package deal" with Dougie.

But honestly, I think Freddie as the 13th/14th makes a lot of sense regardless of his last name. He's not a young guy you feel like you're hurting by keeping him in the pressbox, and when there's a last minute injury situation like Stajan/Ferland in Vancouver, he's capable in that limited role.
It was Pat Steinberg on the latest Hayes podcast.

I don't think that it's necessarily a bad thing that it's a "package" deal in having both Hamiltons. By all accounts, the brothers are incredibly close and having one of your best young players in a stable and comfortable mental situation is a positive thing.

So far the package bit is that Freddie at least gets an opportunity on the pro team as a 13th forward and it's up to him to do with it what he can. Considering how we would have needed a cheap 13th forward to sit in the press box and come in for versatility/energy, Freddie isn't a bad choice at all. Whenever we talk about prospect opportunity, Freddie Hamilton is not in the way of any top 9 player. He's as irrelevant to the discussion as can be.

If you're looking for specific players to be concerned about, then the likes of Ferland, Jagr, and Versteeg are "blocking". Sure they've offered value and production in the past but if they aren't producing then that's just the result of betting on the vets instead of making room for a prospect like Jankowski.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote