View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 12:09 PM   #43
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
This Freddie/Dougie talk about them being inseperable has got to stop. The ONLY place this seems to be mentioned in on CalgaryPuck. A couple of posters ran with it, and now it's ''news''. I'd like to see a single quote from a reputable source saying the reason Freddie is here is because of Dougie. I'm willing to bet not a single person will find a single shred of evidence, because that evidence DOES NOT EXIST. Why some people continue to run with it and make it a thing blows my mind.
To be fair, I've heard it mentioned on the Fan by a couple of the guys including Loubardias I believe.

I also listened to the latest Haynes podcast with Steinberg yesterday, and Steinberg said he believes that Freddie is here as a "package deal" with Dougie.

But honestly, I think Freddie as the 13th/14th makes a lot of sense regardless of his last name. He's not a young guy you feel like you're hurting by keeping him in the pressbox, and when there's a last minute injury situation like Stajan/Ferland in Vancouver, he's capable in that limited role.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AC For This Useful Post: