View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 04:14 PM   #2500
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I'm a big fan of Bliss, just because she literally came from nowhere in the wrestling industry and showed a ton of determination, and improved every time I watched her. From a story standpoint, her story is a real cautionary tale of the dangers of things like mental health and eating disorders, she also seems to be a genuinely grounded person.

I've said I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up being the female version of Cena and finds her way into movies or TV. Her character work, facial work and just selling stuff is better then any other woman, save Bayley who's done an amazing job as a heel.

Just some random thoughts.

From the BSS with Angle last night, the amount of respect those guys have for Lesnar was amazing to hear. Especially the part that if Lesnar likes you as a wrestler there's nothing he won't do to get you over. As well they talked about the shooting star press that Lesnar nearly killed himself with and Angle took some of the blame for that decision.

Watching the best of Baszler in the background while I work today. She is in my mind the Bret Hart of the woman's division. Her stuff looks devastating real. But at the same time you can see where she protects people. She's not great on the mic but she just executes in the ring.

Out of the two main events last night, really the Reigns match was just so much better then the McIntyre match. I normally hate goofy gimmick matches like ambulance matches or casket matches, but even thought I thought the Orton McIntyre match was solid, it was so constrained by the ambulance as a prop.

Overall I thought last nights card was a step in the right direction for the WWE as far as PPV's go it was fairly solid from top to bottom, and pretty simple.

Bayley is one of the best heels in the business right now. I never thought she'd be a great heel in the Banks and Bayley partnership, but she became a far better heel then Sasha who's a natural heel. Now we need to see if Banks can be anything more then a mid card face.

In NXT Candice LaRae and Johnny Wrestling have done an amazing job as a heel team. LaRae though has found herself in going from the bland 2d face to the Poison Pixie. Dakota Kai is another one that's become a really good vicious heel. I do think though that Nox is ready to be elevated.
I think Bliss is the best woman at character/mic work ever in WWE, she killed it no matter what they ask of her. She has always been such an amazing heel and the way she can control a crowd is second to none in that division. I always loved how she'd sound so genuine and the moment the crowd starts to think she's changing, BOOM. I think her being a genuine good person is why it works because when she starts doing that, we think it's the real her coming out.

I really liked the PPV last night, it was an excellent B PPV.
Crown Royal is offline   Reply With Quote