View Single Post
Old 01-27-2023, 03:22 PM   #1196
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
I don't see the issue with the squad management. You've listed 9 outgoing players, but United have missed none of them ... plus if you list Henderson outgoing, you at least have to add Dubravka/Butland incoming. Yeah, depth is poor, but we'd say that with those 9 players too. So now, it's an opportunity for youth players to sink or swim. They play Reading in the FA Cup tomorrow, then Nottingham in a dead rubber in the Caribou ... prime chance to give minutes to young players.

now the scheduling thing is a different issue. The second leg in the Caribou has always been a terrible idea, plus there's this whole Queen kerfuffle which has led to extra games ... in a season with a ####ing dumb WC right in the middle. As for the EL extra games, that's on United themselves. Just don't lose to Sociedad at home and avoid those Barcelona matches.

I think you misunderstood my post. I'm not asking for any of them back.

It's the need for at least another proper Prem level central midfielder; as United exited Pogba, Pereira, Mata, + the failed development of Garner. While they brought in two world beaters, McFred as a fallback may work against League 1's and Championship clubs, but not within the Prem. They're gonna mile out Eriksen and his bum heart at this rate, and should've had a contingency for the failed FdJ pursuit. I just don't see it in Hannibal nor Iqbal.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote