Thread: Santa clara
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 12:36 PM   #13
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverKast View Post
There is an LRT station right at the stadium, we took it from the game back to our hotel in downtown San Jose. It's really easy it just gets really busy after the game is all. The trains are pretty packed leaving, but they have crowd control that puts everyone in one area for the trains and gets you on - eventually.

It's a pretty good experience though, the stadium is really nice and the weather is also great compared to here. We took the train both ways and had zero issues, I think a lot of people do the same thing. You could probably take an Uber to get there, but it would be a gong show trying to get one to leave. Best bet is the LRT.

There's lots of hotels in the downtown San Jose area with bars, pubs and places to eat all over - and the LRT runs right through it. We were at the Fairmont in downtown San Jose and the train station was right beside us.

I like San Francisco better than San Jose, but the stadium is waaaay easier to get to from San Jose. It's not even close to San Fran really.
Thanks for the advice. really looking forward to it. You have to expect that the train will take a while after the game, so I am ok with it. I will look to San Jose for hotels then. The hotels within walking distance were priced so high, tough to justify.
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote