Thread: 2018 World Cup
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 10:21 AM   #60
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
I thought I clearly pointed out that what they did for a decade or two in the 20th century was far from good. At the risk of turning this thread political, every major European power has committed atrocities either on their own continent or abroad and that should not be forgotten.
No, not every European power did what the Germans did. You are diluding one of the most gruesome events in human history that is pretty much unprecedented. State-sponsored Genocide on a systematic level on a civilian population was not just another European atrocity.

Families like my own had to become refugees and leave the lands their families had known for thousands of years. Not only did they have to become refugees but families were forever destroyed. Both my grandmother and Grandfather had 5+ siblings but today I have almost no second cousins. Do you see how people may still have resentment towards the Germans? I’m not a fan of history being diluted because decades have gone by. This was only a little more than 70 years ago, the effects are very much felt by many people.

Do I have resentment towards Germany? I want to say I don’t but sub-consciously I do feel resentment and anger. I always cheer against them in almost every sport and get sick to my stomach when they win. That’s the truth and I’m not the only one who feels this way.

Last edited by Beninho; 05-23-2018 at 10:41 AM.
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote