View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 08:54 AM   #9
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post
Interesting. I think you're being a bit conservative to say there's no blue chippers. Personally I'd say there's 3 clearcut blue-chippers in Jankowski, Parsons and Valimaki. I think Valimaki was underrated in this poll, don't see how Andersson would be considered ahead of him.

A solid year from Gillies could have him back in blue chip status. Andersson/Kylington/Fox all have a chance at making themselves blue chippers as well. I think the depth in our prospect pool is fantastic right now. I see lots of high end players and lots of depth.
To me blue chip has to be a combination of high certainty of making it, and a projection of a core or upper roster position.

On those terms I see Jankowski as making it, but he could be a third line guy his whole career ... takes him out of the bluechip rank.

Valimaki may be that guy but if he was a bluechip he wouldn't have gone 16th three months ago.

Andersson/Kylington are moving along, but aren't guaranteed of either making it or being upper roster players at this point.

Parsons has a great projection, but he's a goalie and uncertain. Needs to dominate at a pro level and keep the arch momentum.

The closest guy for me is Fox given what he did last year, but with limited stature and sample size I think he needs another eye popping season to be considered a slam dunk on either making it or being a top 2/3 defenseman.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post: