View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 12:00 AM   #103
Cleveland Steam Whistle
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
I think it's actually failed, and because of one simple reason - credibility. People are talking about it because of how ridiculous it is. It's too over the top and contrived. Their goal is to sell PPV's. They've gone so over the top that people now see through it as a WWE type promo, and there's no way that their ultimate goal of PAYING for that PPV will happen. Bars will pony up some of the cash to get customers, but the Average Joe won't pay that money.

If they just had one press conference right before the event where they trashed one another on the stage, that would've come across as legit hate and maybe you'd fall for it, but this garbage we all witnessed shows they're selling it on hype and not on the basis of the sport, boxing.
Really, I think people are going to be throwing their money at this. I guess time will tell, but I don't think they've shrunk their audience at all, my guess is they've grown it exponentially.
Cleveland Steam Whistle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cleveland Steam Whistle For This Useful Post: