View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 04:15 PM   #101
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
You know that they both have some hollywood writer laying this out for them.

Yeah, here's some props, make sure you wear these shoes with lifts.

This has actually reduced my interest in a fight that's going to be boring and lopsided anyways.

This reminds me of the early days of UFC when they experimented with WWE style promo's and micro stories combined with mixed martial arts. They created false rivalries and then hyped them with WWE style pitches.

I watched the tour and I rolled my eyes because it was just so over the top phony.

I'm sure these guys are sitting in a hotel room right now laughing at the rubes.

I mean the cheapest tickets to the show are $500.00 and the most expensive are $10,000. And in the end people are going to complain that the fight was boring and garbage. But it'll be sold out.
You have to admit the promotion has been a massive success as everyone is talking about this fight. I imagine the fight itself will be a dud as Mayweather is probably the worst type of fighter McGregor could face as he's not going to open himself up to getting hit and the only chance McGregor has is to catch him with a power punch which even the best fighters have failed to do against Mayweather.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post: