View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 10:14 AM   #7480
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdonkey View Post
I don't dispute (or even have an opinion on) the quality of the program itself. All I'm saying is that it's right up there with Coronation Street on the list of shows I irrationally dislike because they were boring grownup shows I didn't see the entertainment value in, when I could have been watching cartoons, Star Trek TNG, or a rerun of the Simpsons I had already memorized line for line.

Also, E=NG.
Points for the Coronation Street reference. People in the U.S. often wonder why Canadians know so much about British culture, and then I explain how the CBC is just a puppet organization for a bunch of BBC shows with some weak Canadian content thrown in.

I pretty much had your experience growing up, but I always appreciated the exposure to more adult shows back then. I feel like it helped me to mature faster in some small way. I learned a lot about the absurdity of war and especially the Korean conflict, which doesn't get much attention in the grand scheme of things.

Also, Edmonton is no good.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post: