View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 10:41 AM   #14
FlamesFanInOilCountry
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
sure, we have some minor disagreements in terms of our relationship with the U.S.

And I think I'm a little harder on the Canadian UN relationship.

Plus I want us to start being able to build and market weapons systems
I actually do like this idea. I feel it's a positive way to bolster our economy by having Canadian owned and operated companies manufacture and distribute weapons for our armed forces, plus it keeps our technology in the hands of our own nationals. The caution in this area is that we do not let these corporations turn into a form of patronage for the government, and that these companies do not turn to arms dealing to third world countries to sustain their bottom line.

Quote:
Re open the naval ship yards in halifax and license out the Halifax frigate design to our allies.
We need to be prepared to pay more taxes in order to sustain these ventures, especially because acts like this would need a larger military and security presence.

Quote:
The next generation of armoured vehicles should be designed and built in Canada as well.

Oh and I want us to build about a half dozen nuclear tipped missiles.
What is your argument behind this? I know there are obvious pro's and con's to this. Is this just for a level of military independence? I think there's a certain sophistication in being a primary country involved in the manhattan project and being a nation with the capability to build a nuclear weapon for 65 years, and being the only country in the world that has not built a weapon after possessing the technology.
FlamesFanInOilCountry is offline   Reply With Quote