View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 10:02 AM   #337
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
Another part of this is the type of people that tend to gravitate towards policing are often ex-military. That's a huge problem IMO given that you're trying to retrain soldiers who have been programmed for everything to be a threat. I'd love to dig into some statistics on that.

It's also important why the cop was called to the scene and the information he's getting from dispatch. He is already amped up for a dangerous situation. So while we see that the cop jumped out of his car and shot the girl in less than 15 seconds, he's already gotten tons of information on the way there.

I don't think there's anything really wrong with ex military becoming cops. But you're right the battlefield mentality is different then policing. However here's the rub. A lot of those veterans coming back from deployment into combat are already usually suffering from some form of PTSD and or other serious trauma's. Western Governments have miserably failed to support soldiers coming home, and they're not getting the treatment that they need. On top of that, yeah, I fully believe that training is poorly done, and that police recruiting is going to be more about enmasse replacing as experienced cops walk away

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote