View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 03:42 PM   #241
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
A half step faster and two inches taller. I agree that he has an NHL career, but I don't think he has Valimaki's upside. Or Fox's or Kylington's for that matter. Very solid and smart player, but only good, not great, tools.
Agreed. I think the biggest mistake we made in the prospect poll this summer was ranking Andersson 3rd ahead of Juuso. I'm starting to buy into the Fox hype but I just haven't seen him enough personally to have good handle on him. Kylington has a bigger upside than Andersson but his game still has more warts than Andersson's does.

Great group of prospects to have especially considering they're all coming up behind one of the best top 5's in the league. No pressure to stick them in too early and great depth in case of injuries. Of course leave it to a former defenseman (Treliving) to emphasize that area. Love the depth on D and in goal. Imagine in 03/04 if we could have had depth like this instead of relying on Commodore, Montador and Brennan Evans. Depth makes contenders and we're starting to get to the point where we have contending depth at all the key positions. Only our depth at wing is a big question mark but we still do have some intriguing guys there with Foo, Poirier, Klimchuk, Mangiapane, etc.

Exciting time to be a Flames fan, that's for sure.
Flames Draft Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote