View Single Post
Old 02-01-2023, 01:44 PM   #1254
surferguy
Monster Storm

Exp:

My cat of 18 yrs passed at home yesterday afternoon. While this was no surprise it still hurts. She was with me before I met my wife and was easily my longest companion. I always knew this day would come to be but as I stand here in the moment it is more difficult than I ever anticipated as I am helping my children through this transition. While my 4 yr old doesn’t fully get what’s happening it’s been hard in my 7 yr old as this is his first exposure to the reality’s of life. We are all living core memories today.

This is what wrote to help myself:

Life is filled with moments from grand to somber and everything in between. Yesterday our household experienced a sad juncture with the peaceful passing of our cat Taj. She was a faithful friend for me, my wife and I and for our family. She had been with me for almost two decades.

Notorious for her attitude and often misunderstood, she will be forever legendary.

As her spirit departs to drift on the west winds take a moment to hug those that bring you warmth. Safe travels to our cherished companion. You will be missed.

Last edited by surferguy; 02-01-2023 at 02:03 PM.
surferguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to surferguy For This Useful Post: