View Single Post
Old 10-15-2022, 03:00 PM   #1241
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

We lost our Wild Man today. He was 13 and he got nicknamed "wild man" as a pup because he was just nuts (in a good way) - well-behaved but nuts - his actual name was Bailey. We got him about a week after we'd lost our first dog Jake (same breed) - we couldn't stand how quiet it was around the house, everyone was sad & morose, and my husband said "I loved Jake & I'm not trying to replace him but please go find another pup, it's just too weird to not have a wiggly little body meet me so happily when I come in the door after work" and Bailey joined our family a couple of days later. My husband named him but Bailey soon decided my oldest son was his boy and it was ever so.

He'd slowed down considerably the past several months & just in the past few days, I'd wondered if the end was coming. He wasn't sick or suffering, just...different. He gave me this look this morning, there was just something different about his eyes when he looked at me & I told my family I thought he might pass soon. I didn't even have time to arrange a vet appointment - I was going to arrange the appointment around when my eldest son could be there with us. I popped out to run some errands and he went to sleep and just didn't wake up, he was gone when I got home. He was the very goodest of boys.

You'll be missed, Wild Man.

Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Minnie For This Useful Post: