View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 09:28 AM   #57
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
"Memories don't pay the bills. My suspicion is they are losing money / not making money. So why have them?"

When did I say the goal of City services was to make money? When has anyone here ever said that?

Are public facilities not allowed to be in the black? Only the red?

I am not sure what more has to be said about keeping underperforming facilities open. A pool is under-utilized, and one particular poster said he hopes they keep it open because of good memories there, which is a bad reason to keep something open if it's not doing well.

If they are not making enough in user fees, why bother keeping it open? It's not worth the investment.

Christ almighty.
The truth is I have better things to do than get into a discussion of what you meant when you said "they're not making money, so why have them?" I think it's pretty obvious that means that the bar is they need to be profitable.

Should we cancel garbage collection? There's no way that's making money. In your words "why have it?"

I mean I guess you can try to explain what everyone's missing here with your comments, or you could just admit that you threw out a foolish argument and providing public services shouldn't be based on profitability.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post: