View Single Post
Old 01-22-2016, 01:20 PM   #84
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
This comes from a comment made by AcGold in the Timmies failure thread.

I think it would be cool to have a thread for local owned restaurants.

I will start for my town:

Bamboo Hut (they have two other restaurants in Dead Rear, Blue Dragon and Sophear).

They are just of the lake shore, and serve Thai food. They don't have a website but here is the Urbanspoon for them:

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/72/15461...ut-Sylvan-Lake

Often they will shut down for a week or two for vacation. Great food.
Bump

http://www.sylvanlakenews.com/community/366098861.html

Quote:
Two local chefs and brothers are set to air in the Chopped Canada television competition. The episode is scheduled to be aired March 26 at 7 p.m., titled ‘Bro-Down Showdown’.

Brothers Dany, who operates Bamboo Hut in Sylvan Lake and Pete Sok, who operates Sophear in Red Deer, competed against one another on the show with the experience being one neither will ever forget.

“It was a great opportunity because we’ve worked with each other side by side for so long and to actually compete against each other is different but exciting at the same time,”Dany said.

“It’s fun to see your younger brother have the same vision as you. We’re in a business together. Competing in the title against me was fun,” Pete added.

Having the opportunity to compete on Chopped Canada and against each other was one they weren't going to give up.

Even being against each other for the prize of winning $10,000, the brothers wanted to challenge themselves to see what they could do in the kitchen, under the ticking clock and with unexpected ingredients.

Dany and Pete applied as individuals, but were paired with another set of brothers, forming the idea of pairing two sets of brothers up against each other in a competition.
Quote:
The episode, ‘Bro-Down Showdown’ is scheduled to air March 26 at 7 p.m. on the Canadian food network.

My daughter is gonna love this. It is her favourite place to eat.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote