View Single Post
Old 04-28-2021, 09:59 PM   #52
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
So, I might be a complete dinosaur here, but I thought I’d bump this for some advice. Basically, I suddenly find myself with almost double the amount of passwords I need for fairly regular use. As you might expect, it’s terrible! Unfortunately, it’s also unavoidable and out of my control. So, there’s got to be an easy solution:

- I need it to store all these passwords across a few devices
- I’d greatly prefer one that updates them across devices automatically
- I’d want this to just remember them and autopopulate for me so I’m not constantly having to type these in!

Like I say....this was probably dealt with years ago and I’m just late to the party. But any advice would be great!
- Bitwarden. Apps are available for Windows, iOS, Android, and browser extensions
- Bitwarden. Everything is encrypted and stored on their cloud servers, as soon as you create or update a password on the PC it's available on your phone
- Bitwarden, though you have to go into the options to enable autofill so your username and password are autopopulated whenever you visit a site

It's also open source, which means Bitwarden is among the most secure password vaults as any poor security or crude shortcuts in their code would be exposed immediately. It also means if the company goes belly up for any reason anyone else can come along to keep the app itself functional
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post: