Thread: [PGT] Bruins win Shoot-out
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 07:22 AM   #26
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Lindholm is very very skilled. You know how you can just tell with certain players by the way they move around with the puck on their stick. Made a bunch of slick spins along the half wall and was buzzing around the net all night. He'll be a fan favorite for sure. He could probably reach 60 with Mony & Gaudreau.

Monahan and Gaudreau looked like Monahan and Gaudreau.

Tkachuk looked off today. Passes didn't look as crisp and I sometimes found him chasing the play instead of anticipating it like he normally does. Those hands clearly weren't rusty in the shootout though. Wow.

Czarnik & Ryan are exponential upgrades over Brouwer & Stajan. I love it. I actually didn't think Czarnik looked as fast as some are saying, but he and Ryan are both definitely talented and had a few nifty passing plays.

Hanifin is explosive. You can just see the power in his legs after a few strides. I like what I saw from him.

Kulak/Stone/Hamonic... Meh, meh, meh.

Bennett/Janko/Hathaway trifecta still looks unnatural. Bennett had some flashes though (and what a saucer pass by Jankowski(?)) but lack of finish is still a recurring theme for him dating back to even his rookie season. Had 2 grade A chances and it would have definitely been nice for if he could have potted one.

Neal's legs looked heavy... Him, Chucky and Backs didn't seem to have innate chemistry but it's only like their second or third skates together + the first real hockey action of the season. Too early to make judgement.

All in all the Flames looked quite dominant and will be able to roll 4 lines skilled this season. Hathaway is a 13th forward. Dube, Mangiapane or Foo please.
Love is offline   Reply With Quote