View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 10:11 AM   #80
GP_Matt
First Line Centre

Exp:

We have an opening for an entry level field position. We typically hire High School grads who stay for a few years and go to school to advance if they like the work.

Just interviewed a candidate looking for his first job out of high school. He was nervous and pulled out his phone in the middle of the interview to review some notes that his Mom sent him and then asked a few more questions about the job. After two or three questions he asked the interviewer where he bought his candles and if he was interested in looking at the candles that his Mom sells. At the end of the interview he asked if he could have a business card so that his mom could follow up about candle sales.

It was the most shocking thing I have ever heard from an interview candidate before and I have interviewed a decent amount of people.
My advice would be not to try to sell MLM crap in an interview. Unless that actually is his job and he tricked us into listening to a sales pitch. In which case, I think he may have found an untapped market and he helps out all the other candidates by making them look better.
GP_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GP_Matt For This Useful Post: