View Single Post
Old 07-21-2018, 03:18 PM   #72
pgsieve
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
As someone that casually checks listings (I've been in my role for 5 years now and have hit the ceiling) I sometimes come across positions that may be interesting but with a company I'm not familiar with, or I'm uncertain of the corporate culture, room to progress etc.

If the hiring company is a holding company or a parent company (ie: position is with Cara Foods, but I don't know if the work would be internal, with Montana's or Swiss Chalet etc) how do I find out more?

I would genuinely want to know and if I don't think it's the right fit for me I wouldn't apply. I don't want to waste my time, or the hiring manager/team.

I haven't ever asked for an information interview, but there must be a way aside from Google to get more information.
I think this is fine, but explicitly state your questions or concerns. I’ve never had an issue with this, but candidates should state their questions upfront, etc. The point I was getting at was that people try and bypass not getting an interview by calling it something in disguise. This happens quite a bit