View Single Post
Old 07-21-2018, 09:52 AM   #70
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsieve View Post

5. Biggest pet peeve: Don’t try and bypass the interview process with requests for something that doesn’t sound like an interview but really is. My last posting had about 300 applications and I received about 35 “Information Interview” requests. This just turns me away from people who are trying to bypass the process.

The only Information Interviews requests that I think are clever and interesting are those coming from current university students or high school students. The fact that you are asking the questions early in the process shows something for me.
As someone that casually checks listings (I've been in my role for 5 years now and have hit the ceiling) I sometimes come across positions that may be interesting but with a company I'm not familiar with, or I'm uncertain of the corporate culture, room to progress etc.

If the hiring company is a holding company or a parent company (ie: position is with Cara Foods, but I don't know if the work would be internal, with Montana's or Swiss Chalet etc) how do I find out more?

I would genuinely want to know and if I don't think it's the right fit for me I wouldn't apply. I don't want to waste my time, or the hiring manager/team.

I haven't ever asked for an information interview, but there must be a way aside from Google to get more information.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post: