View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 09:26 AM   #62
GP_Matt
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Yeah, I'm fighting depression right now too. Technically my unemployment status ended in January but that didn't even last a couple months so it feels like 2 1/2 years.

I figured with my last job I would be spending alot of my time on the computer but I ended up spending 90-95% on my feet. With my disability it wore away at me and I tried to fight through it but once my supervisor started getting on my ass constantly about not doing things as quick as him I decided it would be best if I gave my notice.

I try and stay positive but it's hard sometimes especially now having to use my emergency fund to pay bills/loans. What sucks too is having a recruiter or a producer at a studio add me on LinkedIn making me think something might happen and then nothing does. I sometimes wonder if I made a mistake leaving BC to come back home and make it even harder to find a job in my field but I didn't want to risk having to leave completely broke.
I just wanted to add that if anyone adds you on LinkedIn it is fair game to reach out to them. Just send them an IM asking them almost anything. How they found you, what they are looking for, how the job market is right now.

Anything to get a conversation started.
GP_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GP_Matt For This Useful Post: