Thread: Lightsabers
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 12:15 AM   #2
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveway View Post
Anyone own any quality lightsabers? I just ordered a couple from Electrum Sabercrafts actually located right in Calgary! Looked around at a few of the other manufacturers such as Saberforge and Ultrasabers. But ultimately Electrum had a couple features (variable colours and a smartphone app) the others didn't offer, and giving business to a Calgary company seemed like a cool thing to do.

Any other colossal nerds out there on CP who own any of these custom duelling sabers?
I've seen the Saberforge and Ultrasaber, but haven't seen the Sabercraft before.

The Saber forge look amazing and they have some very cool options if you're looking for options, they allow you to pick variable blade lengths.

I buy swords and try to find authentic looking swords and not over exagerated fantasy world swords. Now I don't duel with them because of accidental murder, but I would think that blade length and the heft of the handle would be fairly important if you were going to duel with it.

What I found really cool when I looked at the Starforge is just the amount of selection not only in terms of the sabers themselves but also in terms of the blade style.

You can get a short Shoto blade, or a light whip (Though it looks weird) they even have a light saber axe.

They don't have the app, but to me while the app is a very cool, I would probably just want to if I was going to buy or collect these, order unique blades qnd hilts and have one color and sound effect to each, but that's just me.

I looked at the Ultra Sabre, they have a cool mystery box thing, where you can buy it and they basically send you a random saber, so you might order a $250 dollar mystery box and get a $500 dollar kit.

Looking at the reviews and looking at the sabres, I like the look of the Saber Forge hilts better, they look thicker and sturdier, which is important if you have big hands. But the Ultra Saber's look brighter, and every review says they just sound better.

But it depends on what you want.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote