View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 12:50 PM   #318
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone here have any experience with budgies? We have a budgie we inherited a couple years back. She was found by my g/f's aunt in her back yard 4 or so years ago. They didn't really want her so we agreed to take her. Ever since I've been blown away but how much fun these little birds are. So playful and affectionate. She bonded really well with my g/f. Likes me too but she is her preference. 2 years of fun but our little budgie has taken a turn for the worse. The poor poor little girl has somehow hurt her foot badly and come down with an infection. Long story short, I think we will have to have her put down. We took her to an Avian vet and he said he couldn't feel any obvious breaks. He prescribed antibiotics and milk thistle to hopefully fight off the infection but her foot isn't getting any better.

Having her put down will easily be one of the hardest things I've had to do recently. After, I don't think I could not have a pet bird.

To anyone with budgies, did you have one or two? We were very involved with her. Let her have free run of the house. Never kept her in her cage unless we were at work all day. Bought suction cup perches to put on kitchen and living room windows. So I think we did just fine with keeping her happy and engaged but always wondered if she would have preferred to have company during the day. We'd leave the radio on but that's not enough I don't think.

Thoughts? Experiences?
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote