View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 11:08 PM   #250
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
So I was at MemEx today finding out info on assembly (the guy who has built all my past computers isn't available ) and they don't have the 500r case and didn't recommend the 200r as it could pretty tight with the mobo and video card I'm looking at. They suggested I use the Fractal Define R5 (Titanium) case instead, which seems pretty good from my quick google searches. Any thoughts on this? The only thing I'm not super keen on at first glance is having the front USBs and headset plugs on top rather than the front panel.
I don't have one yet but my next build will most likely be in an R5 or a Define S. I've heard nothing but good things about them and I honestly like the simplistic design. The R5 is suppose to have nice sound dampening material. I wouldn't necessarily go with the Titanium since the Black is on sale right now ($124 vs $150 both non-windowed).

The Define S is basically the same as the R5 except they've completely removed the drive trays at the front. It has 5 hard drive mounts behind the motherboard. This is nice for water cooling or for just opening up air-flow in the case. The only downside is that you lose the option of installing optical drives if that is something you want. Non-windowed version is $120 and I've seen it as low as $90-100.

The other case I might consider would be the Corsair C70. The Gunmetal Black version is on for $140 and they are supposed to have nice air-flow but it does have a window.

Last edited by cDnStealth; 01-23-2017 at 11:11 PM.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote