View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 06:16 PM   #249
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
Looks good!

For a non-windowed Case, I'm always partial to Corsair's low to mid-level lines (200r-500r) for affordable air-cooling. The 500r in particular has lots of room to move, good grommet placement, sliding/removable bays, closed loop ready, and comes with 1x200mm & 3x120mm plus a fan controller built in. The 200r is about half the price but smaller/crampier, and uses 2x120mms on the side (not included) instead of a much quieter 200mm, however it is still great to work with for a sub-$80 case and has a surprising amount of features for its pricepoint.
So I was at MemEx today finding out info on assembly (the guy who has built all my past computers isn't available ) and they don't have the 500r case and didn't recommend the 200r as it could pretty tight with the mobo and video card I'm looking at. They suggested I use the Fractal Define R5 (Titanium) case instead, which seems pretty good from my quick google searches. Any thoughts on this? The only thing I'm not super keen on at first glance is having the front USBs and headset plugs on top rather than the front panel.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote