View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 01:05 AM   #3846
curves2000
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I drove the road the other day with my parents yapping in my ear but a few thoughts. If I am wrong about anything, I apologize as my memory might not have been as strong as I thought about the road.

How is it that in 2020 we still don't have sections of this ring road that have the safety cable coming down the middle? This prevents cars from crossing the medium into another lane or spinning in and out of the existing direction lane? This road cost a fortune, how are we skipping on safety?

The signage as per a lot of Calgary and Canadian roads is just **** awful. This is a very wide road with multiple lanes yet when your driving at 100, they have some small sign on the side of the road on the right side indicating coming onramps. These signs should be plentiful and should indicate what is happening across the entire width of the roadway.

I have always found it so comical with all the driving I have done in Europe and in the USA just how bad we are with design in Calgary. I always use the example of finding the airport in Calgary. If I didn't know where I was going, the lack of signs, the poorly placed signs and the lack of general directions on getting to the airport from major routes would be SO FRUSTRATING. The same logic would apply to other major places around town including hospitals, universities and more.

Another issue I had was when I drove southbound on 201 headed toward Anderson, I took the eastbound turnoff for Anderson. The lane requires a quick, strong merge onto Anderson with a fairly short lane. When I drove the road there wasn't much traffic but honestly w**?? Did we run out space or something?

I love how we have huge swaths of land doing absolutely nothing and than have lanes and signs where they try to save as few bucks.
curves2000 is offline   Reply With Quote