View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 12:46 PM   #1106
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
When the first LOTR movie came out a lot of people, both the general public and critics, didn't understand that it wasn't a trilogy in the traditional hollywood sense. That is to say the LOTR books are great individually but are actually just 3 sections of one big book. They aren't meant to be 3 totally separate stories with their own beginning middle and end.

So when people went to see Fellowship, a lot of them left the theatre pissed because they didn't realize going into it that the movie doesn't have a satisfying conclusion. Many people complained that they felt ripped off because they only got 1/3 of a movie (from a story perspective it is basically the first act) and would have to wait another year to see part two (and another year after that for part three).
I actually remember that now, I had friends who weren't big into the genre who were angry about the first one. I think they even went on to watch the second and become even more angry, lol.

I just didn't want it to end at all... hell make 10 movies!!!