View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 09:16 AM   #538
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

This is an underwhelming suspension, he got off light. He lied about what happened in the press, and he's shown no remorse. I would hope that the DOPS at the end of the phone meeting when they let him know about the suspension told him that they gave him the benefit of the doubt, but if he shows up in front of him again its going to be a major problem. The other issue is that he's basically getting encouragement from the media in Edmonton and his fan base.

Kicking at someone is reprehensible, attacking a person from behind is cowardly, swinging a stick into someone's face and mocking that player about the injury is gross.

If the Oilers were really all that concerned about player safety, they would thank the DOPS for their suspension and proceed to suspend Kassian for the rest of the year and force him into serious anger management treatment. But they won't, they'll hype the return of Kassian and hero worship his return.

And the Edmonton media will continue the narrative that Oiler fans eat with a large spoon that the NHL has tilted the table against them.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote